douhua2233 Forum Index

douhua2233

douhua2233

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

Flyers RW Wayne Simmonds
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
yudan18

Apprendista
Apprendista

Iscritti

usa
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019 02:20:02    Post subject:  Flyers RW Wayne Simmonds
Description:

ST. LOUIS (AP) — The Blues will be casting a wide net in their coaching search.General manager Doug Armstrong fired Mike Yeo after Monday’s 2-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Craig Berube is the interim coach while Armstrong assembles a list of candidates for the permanent job.“There’s going to be experienced head coaches on that list
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
,” he said at a news conference Tuesday. “There’s going to be European head coaches on that list. College head coaches on that list. Junior head coaches. We’re not going to minimize or limit the scope that we’re going to look at.”Armstrong also did not rule out former St. Louis coach Joel Quenneville, who was fired recently by Chicago. He added that’s unlikely a permanent coach will be hired this season.“It’s possible. I’m not sure it’s probable,” Armstrong said. “It’s not something that we’re going to give updates on. This hockey team’s job is to win games and it’s my job to support this team.”To that end, Hall of Famer Larry Robinson will assist Berube for three weeks to a month because of the inexperienced assistants. The 67-year-old Robinson won a Stanley Cup while coaching the New Jersey Devils.“I think having Larry come in to give Craig someone to talk to who’s been there, done that is good for him,” Armstrong said.Armstrong fired Yeo about two hours after the team’s third shutout loss in four games. It was their fourth loss in five games. The scoreless streak is more than seven periods.At 7-9-3, the Blues are last in the Central Division. Their 17 points rank next to last in the NHL
, ahead of only Los Angeles.“The talk I had with him last night was that we had to make a change,” Armstrong said. “I plan to get back to Mike later and thank him and reassure him that he’s paying for the sins of myself and the entire organization. It’s very unfortunate.”The Blues fell one point short of making the playoffs last season and entered this season with hopes of a deep playoff run. They acquired center Ryan O’Reilly in a trade from Buffalo. Armstrong also signed forwards Tyler Bozak, Patrick Maroon and David Perron.“Ultimately, it comes back to our record,” Armstrong said. “When he came in, he was able to jell the team and we went on a nice run. We won a playoff round. We had a good feeling about ourselves. That carried over to the next 25 games of the season. Then we hit a rut in December and quite honestly we haven’t gotten out of it.”Berube, a 52-year-old former player
, joined the Blues in June 2017. He coached the team’s then-AHL affiliate — the Chicago Wolves — to a 44-19-13 record and a division title during the 2016-17 season.Berube is a midseason replacement for the second time, having succeeded Peter Laviolette with the Flyers three games into the 2013-14 season. In two seasons there, he had a 75-58-28 regular-season record. The Flyers made the playoffs during the 2013-14 season but lost in the first round.“Mike’s a good friend of mine,” Berube said. “I loved working with him and coaching with him. We’ve got to move forward and get better. That’s the plan. We’ve definitely got to instill some confidence back in this hockey team. It’s a good hockey team. We’ve got good players.”While offering no definite plans, Berube has some ideas on how to get the team playing better.“I don’t think it’s anything massive. I think it’s tweaks here and there,” Berube said. “We’re going to demand … and that starts in practice. I’m demanding but I’m fair.”Yeo joined the Blues after five seasons with Minnesota. The Wild made the playoffs in three of Yeo’s four full seasons. He was fired 55 games into 2015-16.He was to have replaced Ken Hitchcock following the 2016-17 season, but Armstrong fired Hitchcock. On Tuesday
, Hitchcock was appointed coach the Edmonton Oilers after the firing of Todd McLellan, the fourth NHL coaching dismissal this season. TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman were too much for the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday.Stamkos and Hedman combined for four goals and five assists to lead the Tampa Bay Lightning to a 7-6 shootout victory against the Flyers.Stamkos scored twice and added three assists to set a career high with five points while Hedman had two goals and tied a career high with four points.League-leading scorer Nikita Kucherov returned from a two-game absence and had three assists.”When these guys are rolling you just have to keep putting them out there,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. ”You want them to keep going with that feeling they are having and it paid off for us tonight.”Brayden Point added a shootout goal and the league-leading Lightning improved to 6-0-1 in the past seven games. Andrei Vasilevskiy finished with 37 saves for his league-leading 38th victory.Ivan Provorov had a goal and two assists for Philadelphia, which suffered consecutive losses for the first time since a four-game losing streak from Jan. 25 to Feb. 3.Claude Giroux, Jakub Voracek and Nolan Patrick each finished with a goal and an assist.Tampa Bay overcame two multi-goal deficits to win for the third time in franchise history, second time against the Flyers.”Anytime you’re down a couple of goals in different parts of the game
, especially in the third and you come back and win it’s emotional,” Stamkos said. ”It shows guys care. Guys never gave up.”The Lightning fell behind 3-1 after the opening period as the Flyers scored twice in a span of 3:37 in the first on goals from Voracek and defenseman Robert Hagg.Tampa Bay tied it on goals from Hedman and Dan Girardi in the second period, but Philadelphia regained the two-goal advantage on a late second-period goal from Jori Lehtera and early third-period goal from Provorov.”We know we didn’t play well a couple of nights ago,” Flyers coach Dave Hakstol said. ”It’s not just about losses it’s about the overall performance. That wasn’t us the other night and we knew we had to raise our level from where it was the other night. I thought our guys did that.”But the Lightning raised their level as well with three consecutive third-period goals, starting with J.T. Miller’s goal at 4:23 for his first since being acquired from the New York Rangers on Monday. Stamkos converted a 2-on-1 chance with Kucherov to tie the game at 7:38 and Hedman gave the Lightning a 6-5 lead at 10:03.”The resiliency was really there tonight and obviously really happy with the way we came back,” Hedman said.Giroux tied the game with 2:53 left in regulation.”It was a pretty fun game to play,” he said. ”They have a lot of talent
, they have a lot of players that can make a difference. You give them chances to score and they will. But we did a good job of keeping our composure.”NOTES: Flyers RW Wayne Simmonds missed his sixth consecutive game with an upper-body injury. … Philadelphia captain Claude Giroux moved past Tim Kerr for sixth on the Flyers career scoring list. … Tampa Bay D Victor Hedman reached the 10-goal mark for the fifth consecutive season. . Lightning C Yanni Gourde became the fourth rookie in franchise history to record 50 points in a season, joining Brad Richards, Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat. … Tampa Bay played its fifth consecutive game requiring overtime or a shootout for the first time in franchise history. … Lightning G Andrei Vasilevskiy earned his 38th victory, second most in a season in franchise history.UP NEXTLightning: vs Florida at home on TuesdayFlyers: at Florida on Sunday—
Adv

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019 02:20:02    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    douhua2233 Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: